Saturday, December 12, 2009

My Yogyakarta Trip Part 2 - Other Attractions & Things to Do

I'm back with part 2 of my Jogjakarta trip. There are two more places we visited.

First, Tlogo(Telaga) Putri, Kaliurang (Princess Well)
If you have seen my previous post, I have mentioned that Kaliurang is a high and cool place, something like Genting Highlands. We reached this place early in the morning and have some local food for breakfast. I will write about the food in the next post. This place is like a park where people do jungle trekking and picnic.

The place is like a well and surrounded by trees.


A sign board on the wall, that says " You have entered a hunger-free zone" :)


We planned to go hiking, but we were too lazy :). The entrance of the park.


Second place, Taman Gardu Pandang, Kaliurang ( Kaliurang Look-out Point)
This place is also in Kaliurang, it is a look-out point for the Volcano, Mount Merapi.  Mount Merapi is still an active volcano and its last eruption was in year 2006.

From Tlogo Putri, you can actually take a tramp to the look-out.


Posing in front of a sign board.


An funk hole for emergency during war etc.


A look-out tower.


Too cloudy and foggy , failed to see Mt. Merapi from the look-out. :(


Next: Things to do in Jogjakarta

(1) Arung Jeram (White Water Rafting)
I do not know what Arung means, but Jeram means streams, therefore I would guessed that Arung Jeram means something like going down the streams, haha.. Never expected that I would do something this adventurous in Jogjakarta. My first time water rafting, fun but also friggin tiring! I couldnt remember what river we went to, but it is a virgin river, means it is not polluted (yet), the scenery along the river was amazing and breath-taking. And it is not expensive, RP100k (RM36.30) per person for a two-hour instructor guided  water rafting + tea break + yummy dinner, definitely another steal for the trip!

The rafting is not far from Borobudur.


All geared-up ~XD (Ya, I know I am short)


with our friendly + funny instructor.


row, row, row ya boat, gently down the stream ~


Messy.


Tea break. Refreshing coconut drinks and some snack before another battle, hehe... :)


Complimentary meal. Roasted chicken plus raw vegie with peanut sauce to restore the exhausted humans.YUM!


(2) Spa
My first time having spa treatment as well. I did not know that you need to be naked when doing spa @@. It was a very pampering experience for me, felt like a rich woman, muahaha.. We went to this spa center in Jogja called Woman & Woman Spa. My sister and I chose a spa package called "Absolute Bliss", which included foot bath - grande massage - milk body scrub - refresher nature facial - foot massage - milk bath. The treatment took 150 minutes and costed Rp430k ( ~RM156).

My cousin, Emily chose the "Be Cleopatra" package (aromatherapy foot bath-rose relaxing massage-milk body scrub-milk body mask-milk bath), Rp360k (~RM131). Which another cousin, Janey chose the heated stone treatment "Choco Stones" (aromatheraphy foot bath-hot stone massage-chocolate honey body mask-body scrub-bubble bath), Rp360k  (~RM131).

The classy spa center.


Snapped a picture of the spa room secretly.


Different types of therapy oil - relaxing, energizing, balancing & calming.


After spa-ed, we were served some refreshing fruits and ginger tea.


After all the scrubbing and massaging. :)


It is good that I get to try things that I wont do in Malaysia, because rafting and spa in very expensive in Malaysia. This ends part 2 of my Yogyakarta trip. Till then, see ya...

No comments:

Post a Comment